NATUROPATHIC MEDICINE NYC
Your health is your most important asset. Naturopathy offers answers and suggestions on how to live your healthiest life.
What is Naturopathy?
Naturopathic medicine seeks to encourage your body’s own healing mechanisms and to restore health and vitality by identifying the unique causes of your specific disorder and treating it with supplementation, lifestyle changes and natural medicines. Combining her specialized naturopathic knowledge with our own YinOva method and a philosophy strongly rooted in Chinese medicine, our resident Naturopathic Doctor, Carla Kreft helps you to reach optimal health.
Carla treats patients suffering from a wide range of ailments and illnesses. She works with our team of acupuncturists, massage therapists, and our center’s nutritional counselor to walk you through a customized treatment plan.
Just as Chinese medicine examines the roots of a condition or illness, naturopathic medicine treats the causes of an illness instead of offering temporary solutions to patch up symptoms. Carla helps to identify the unique causes of your specific disorder and treats it with supplementation, bodywork, lifestyle changes and other natural medicines. Carla uses the latest in biomedical research and technology to guide her diagnostic ability and create a course of treatment.
By examining heredity, susceptibility and risk factors, a naturopath works with the patient to preempt illnesses before they become a danger. They encourage your body’s own healing mechanisms and to restore health and vitality. By creating a practitioner/patient relationship based on education they empower patients to take ownership over their own health. Naturopaths work together with other healthcare professionals to deliver the highest quality of comprehensive care.
Naturopathic healing approaches health care in the following ways:
- Finding the Root of Disease – Investigating the whole person, not just the symptoms that present themselves.
- Education – As the patient comes to understand how their body works, they are empowered to take ownership over their own healthcare.
- Prevention – A Naturopath works with the patient to preempt illnesses before they become a danger.
- Life Force – Recognizing that true healing comes from stimulating the patient’s own innate healing ability.
- Nature – Aligning patients with natural laws and processes and using natural substances whenever possible.
- Cooperation – Works with other healthcare professionals, who are open to it, to deliver the highest quality of comprehensive care.
Learn more about Carla Kreft, the Yinova Center’s resident Naturopathic Doctor. Carla is a licensed acupuncturist and holds a Masters in Oriental Medicine from the National College of Natural Medicine in Portland, Oregon. Carla has served as an acupuncture fellow at Lutheran Medical Center in Brooklyn and currently a teacher of Human Physiology at the Pacific College of Natural Medicine. Carla’s patients love her approach and her individual recommendations. To learn more about Carla, click here.