Overall, studies have shown that acupuncture changes sex hormones in various gynecological conditions and can help increase estrogen, especially estradiol, progesterone, prolactin, as well as other hormones.
Your Fertility Guide: The Tired Type
The Tired Type
Low progesterone can lead to a short luteal phase, which can affect embryo implantation. We use Chinese herbs and acupuncture to support the ovarian follicle before ovulation. Then when it becomes the corpus luteum after ovulation, it can produce healthy progesterone levels.
Luteal Phase Defect
A luteal phase lasting less than twelve days is too short for the endometrium to develop enough to properly support a fertilized egg. This is known as a luteal phase defect. It’s a common endocrine disorder, present in a significant portion of our patients having trouble conceiving and more than a third of people with repeated early pregnancy loss. Low progesterone levels in the luteal phase are also an indicator of LPD. You might have a normal twelve-to-fourteen-day luteal phase but still have progesterone levels that are too low. The result is the same: if there’s not enough progesterone, the endometrium can’t develop and function properly. Some studies have implicated LPD in poor follicle development and insufficient levels of FSH and LH.
A metabolic disorder occurs when the normal metabolic process of chemical reactions in the body gets disrupted. This disruption can lead to too much or too little of substances needed to stay healthy. Metabolic disorders can affect the quality of sperm and can also interrupt the regular menstrual cycle.
This study looks at the relationship between the intestinal flora and its metabolites in glycolipid metabolic disorders and the effect of acupuncture and Chinese herbs in treating metabolic disorders through the intestinal flora and its metabolites.
An underactive thyroid can impede ovulation leading to irregular menstrual cycles and reduced fertility. In one study, women with unexplained infertility were found to have TSH levels on the higher end of normal, showing that mild, or even sub-clinical hypothyroidism, is the undiagnosed cause of many fertility problems. In addition, hypothyroidism has been linked to an increased chance of miscarriage, so restoring balance to the thyroid before conception is important. According to the World Health Organization, acupuncture and Chinese herbs can be used to treat thyroid diseases and clinical research shows that it is effective.
In one study, women with unexplained infertility were found to have TSH levels on the higher end of normal, showing that mild, or even sub-clinical hypothyroidism, is the undiagnosed cause of many fertility problems
Here is some advice on steps you can take to improve your fertility and help optimize your chances of conceiving. Click through the list below to learn more about each of these steps and how they can help.
Take Your Health In Hand.>
- Based on formulas we've used to treat thousands of patients with measurable results, our 20+ years of experience in fertility support is reflected in this herbal blend.
- This herbal blend has been carefully crafted using whole herbs to ensure the potency & consistency of their active ingredients.
- We source carefully from growers & manufacturers we trust to supply us with herbs that are pure, effective & free from contamination & pollutants.
- This formula helps boost metabolism, address fatigue, treat insulin resistance & support progesterone production.
- The Tired Type
- If you feel cold, suffer from brain fog, gain weight easily, & are often tired or lethargic, you may be a tired type.
- More Support
- We offer consultations, both virtually & in-clinic, where we can gather more information, provide specifically tailored herbs & a custom fertility plan.
Vitamins & Tools to Support You>
- The Book
- A proven 3-month program designed to help people get the best of Eastern & Western medicine to enhance fertility & increase chances of conception.
- What's Inside
- Information about conventional medicine & explanations of how Chinese medicine can boost fertility, based on your fertility type.
- Learn More
- Explore our fertility resources page & our blog archive for fertility advice from Jill & the team & join us for events where we dive deeper.
- The Author
- Yinova Founder Dr. Blakeway is a fertility expert. She continues to see patients at Yinova where she also trains & advises our clinical team.
- Enhancing fertility is a Yinova specialty: our team are fertility experts who have been trained in delivering the Making Babies program.
- Also from Jill
- Jill has also written two other books, Energy Medicine & Sex Again, & was the host of the popular CBS podcast Grow, Cook, Heal.