Sugar certainly seems to be a hot topic at the moment. From movies like Fed Up to Alec Baldwin’s “war on sugar,” we’ve been noticing more of a dialogue about what we are putting in our bodies. And, to be honest, talking about processed/refined sugars really seems like a conversation worth having.
Sugar can lead to all sorts of nasty health complications.
- Too much of it can lower your resistance to insulin which can lead to diabetes.
- Sugar is bad for your teeth!
- Due to it’s effects on metabolism, it has been implicated in the development of some kinds of cancer.
- Believe it or not, sugar can actually be addictive! When consumed, sugar releases dopamine in your brain, which leaves you craving more.
- It can lead to unwanted weight gain and has been attributed as part of the reason so many Americans are obese.
Starting on Monday Jill, Noah, Mary, Sarah, and I will be taking sugar out of our diet, for 30 days. There are sugar free diets out there where you exclude all sugars. We, however, will only be kicking refined sugar to the curb and will allow foods like honey, fruit and veg.
Can we do it? Will we make it? Honestly, we have no idea. We might implode by Day 3. Every Friday you can check back here, and we will have an update for you letting you know how it’s going! We don’t anticipate it being the easiest 30 days, but we know we can do it! Hopefully. Wish us luck!
10 foods that are the highest in sugar
List of foods that do not contain sugar
Other names for sugar
Things you should not do when giving up sugar
We will miss you…. after all these years we really glucose.
Jill, Noah, Mary, Sarah, & Emma