This study looked at the effect of acupuncture on women who were not ovulating and found that acupuncture seems to adjust FSH, LH, and E2 in two directions and raises progesterone levels. The study also looked at animal experiments which confirmed the results found in women.
Your Fertility Guide: The Pale Type
The Pale Type
The Pale Type
A Chinese Medicine Perspective
From a Chinese medicine perspective, people who are the Pale type are considered to have blood deficiency, which can reflect anemia or more minor undernourishment. It is common for the Pale types to experience fatigue, hair loss, & vision problems. The blood nourishes the endometrium, making it a welcoming, healthy home for an embryo. Sometimes blood deficiency is caused by anemia, but it can also be caused by poor diet, lack of Vitamin C or heavy periods. Blood deficiency can also cause soft erections and low semen volume.
There are many reasons why you might not be getting your period. Amenorrhea can be related to over-exercising, nutritional deficiencies, PCOS, and hormonal imbalances, some of which affect the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis. Our experienced team of acupuncturists provide customized treatments and herbal formulas based on each specific case to help you ovulate and your cycles to become regular. Your practitioner may also suggest some dietary and lifestyle changes to support your treatments.
Endometrium lining would be considered thin at 7mm or less. The endometrium lining naturally gets thinner the older we are; however, if the lining is too thin it can make it difficult to get pregnant. Acupuncture and Chinese herbs tailored to your internal landscape can help increase the thickness of your endometrium lining.
Research shows that endometrial lining can be increased with Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture.
Here is some advice on steps you can take to improve your fertility and help optimize your chances of conceiving. Click through the list below to learn more about each of these steps and how they can help.
Take Your Health In Hand.Book Your Appointment Now>
The Pale Type: Yinova's Herbal Blend
This herbal blend is designed to provide nourishment for Pale Types whose cycles are irregular or absent due to nutritional deficiencies. We use it to treat hypothalamic amenorrhea, a long follicular phase, thin uterine lining, or light periods.
- Based on formulas we've used to treat 1000's of patients with measurable results, our 20+ years of experience in fertility enhancement is reflected in this herbal blend.
- This herbal blend has been carefully crafted using whole herbs to ensure the potency & consistency of their active ingredients.
- We source carefully from growers & manufacturers we trust to supply us with herbs that are pure, effective & free from contamination & pollutants.
- This formula helps your body to adapt to emotional & physical stressors & contains blood tonics to help promote circulation.
- The Pale Type
- If you have a pale face, scanty periods & have difficulty getting to sleep, you may be the pale type, especially if you follow a strict diet or strenuous exercise regimen.
- More Support
- We offer consultations, both virtually & in-clinic, where we can gather more information, provide specifically tailored herbs & a custom fertility plan.
Vitamins & Tools to Support YouShop the Pale Type Collection>
Fertility Coaching & Support Groups
Together we can help you enhance your fertility, based on the Making Babies program designed by Jill Blakeway, where each week will have a specific theme geared towards troubleshooting common fertility issues. Our aim is to share information, help you understand your fertility situation & provide a community of like-minded people to lean on.
Making Babies: The Book
Jill Blakeway (& co-author Sami David, M.D., a reproductive endocrinologist) draw on the best of both Eastern & Western medicine. By identifying your “fertility type,” inspired by the classical patterns of Chinese Medicine, you can focus on helpful strategies for your particular situation & avoid the things that may be causing you problems.
- The Book
- A proven 3-month program designed to help people get the best of Eastern & Western medicine to enhance fertility & increase chances of conception.
- What's Inside
- Information about conventional medicine & explanations of how Chinese medicine can boost fertility, based on your fertility type.
- Learn More
- Explore our fertility resources page & our blog archive for fertility advice from Jill & the team & join us for events where we dive deeper.
- The Author
- Yinova Founder Dr. Blakeway is a fertility expert. She continues to see patients at Yinova where she also trains & advises our clinical team.
- Enhancing fertility is a Yinova specialty: our team are fertility experts who have been trained in delivering the Making Babies program.
- Also from Jill
- Jill has also written two other books, Energy Medicine & Sex Again, & was the host of the popular CBS podcast Grow, Cook, Heal.
Schedule your appointment online or email us
We are available for in-clinic & virtual appointments seven days a week, with appointment times available all day. We have locations in Manhattan & Brooklyn & also offer concierge visits. See All Locations.