Studies have shown the efficacy of using acupuncture to help balance hormone levels, especially progesterone.
Your Fertility Guide: The Dry Type
The Dry Type
Estrogen and Progesterone Imbalances
An imbalance between estrogen and progesterone is common in people with PCOS and can exacerbate uterine fibroids and endometriosis, as well as PCOS. We use acupuncture and Chinese herbs to support the liver to address estrogen dominance and help the body sustain progesterone in the second half of the cycle. Diet, lack of sleep, and stress-filled lifestyles can very easily wreak havoc on our hormones in multiple ways. Stress can lead to chemical changes in our bodies and can divert blood away from organs, including those associated with the digestive and reproductive systems. Since many hormones are dependent upon one another to remain balanced, over time, excess levels of stress can lead to imbalances in reproductive hormones, potentially affecting fertility. Acupuncture has been shown to offset the effects of stress on reproductive hormones and to increase blood flow to the reproductive organs. In conjunction with Chinese herbs, it can help your body to regain hormonal balance.
There are many causes of recurrent miscarriage, some of which can be addressed with acupuncture and Chinese herbs. Our experienced acupuncturists can help determine potential imbalances leading to early pregnancy loss and will refer to leading physicians for testing and concurrent medical treatment when appropriate. Studies have shown acupuncture can prevent some types of miscarriage, so we recommend newly pregnant people to continue acupuncture treatments into early pregnancy.
Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) is a hormone released from the pituitary gland that tells the ovaries to start preparing an egg to ovulate each cycle. As you approach menopause, the hormones regulating the menstrual cycle begin to change. As we age, it can become elevated and higher levels are associated with decreased fertility. FSH levels fluctuate each cycle and can respond very well to acupuncture and Chinese medicine. Most fertility clinics require FSH to be within a certain range in order to proceed with reproductive treatments, so regulating this hormone can be very important for fertility and the success of treatments like IVF.
When the ovaries respond poorly to Invitro Fertilization (IVF) stimulation drugs, the result is a lower chance of pregnancy. Acupuncture has been shown to increase Anti-Mullerian Hormone (AMH) and Antral Follicle Count (AFC) resulting in more Clinical Pregnancy Rates (CPR) after IVF in people with poor ovarian response
Here is some advice on steps you can take to improve your fertility and help optimize your chances of conceiving. Click through the list below to learn more about each of these steps and how they can help.
Take Your Health In Hand.>
- Based on formulas we've used to treat 1000's of patients with measurable results, our 20+ years of experience in fertility enhancement is reflected in this herbal blend.
- This herbal blend has been carefully crafted using whole herbs to ensure the potency & consistency of their active ingredients.
- We source carefully from growers & manufacturers we trust to supply us with herbs that are pure, effective & free from contamination & pollutants.
- This formula contains herbs that nourish yin, promote healthy estrogen balance, improve fluid metabolism, clear heat & reduce inflammation.
- The Dry Type
- If you are perimenopausal, suffer from dry skin or vaginal dryness, have hot flashes, elevated FSH, low AMH, or low estrogen - you may be a Dry Type.
- More Support
- We offer consultations, both virtually & in-clinic, where we can gather more information, provide specifically tailored herbs & a custom fertility plan.
Vitamins & Tools to Support You>
- The Book
- A proven 3-month program designed to help people get the best of Eastern & Western medicine to enhance fertility & increase chances of conception.
- What's Inside
- Information about conventional medicine & explanations of how Chinese medicine can boost fertility, based on your fertility type.
- Learn More
- Explore our fertility resources page & our blog archive for fertility advice from Jill & the team & join us for events where we dive deeper.
- The Author
- Yinova Founder Dr. Blakeway is a fertility expert. She continues to see patients at Yinova where she also trains & advises our clinical team.
- Enhancing fertility is a Yinova specialty: our team are fertility experts who have been trained in delivering the Making Babies program.
- Also from Jill
- Jill has also written two other books, Energy Medicine & Sex Again, & was the host of the popular CBS podcast Grow, Cook, Heal.