Herbs for Respiratory ProblemsWindbreaker – This formula is an appropriate treatment for a cold in its early stages. It can also be used to treat mild allergies. Chest Relief – This formula is useful for a productive cough where your child is coughing up clear phlegm. It can be used in combination with our cough syrup Pipe Cleaner – We use this formula for a cough with sticky, yellow, scanty phlegm. It can also be used to address chronic bronchitis or chronic asthma with the permission of your pediatrician. Open Air – This formula is for chronic dry wheezing. We use it for children with asthma that is not particularly phlegmy. This product can be used conjunction with medication prescribed by a pediatrician. Deep Breath – This is a good formula for chronic wheezing with phlegm and also for kids that get a lot of sinus infections. We use this for children with asthma where they produce a lot of phlegm. This product can be used in conjunction with medication prescribed by a pediatrician.
Herbs for Digestive ProblemsGrow and Thrive – This formula can be used for poor appetite, weak digestion, colic and food sensitivities. Tummy Tamer – This formula can be used for belching, flatulence, bloating and nausea Easy Going – This formula is for constipation Belly Binder – This formula is for diarrhea.
Herbs for Skin ProblemsFire Fighter – This formula can be used for red itchy rashes including hives, allergic dermatitis, eczema and acne
Herbs for Behavioral ProblemsQuiet Calm – This formula can be used for irritability, hyperactivity, agitation, tantrums and insomnia I cannot stress enough that all these formulas are relatively mild and certainly not as strong as a pharmaceutical that your doctor can prescribe. They are useful for dealing with minor ailments but if your child’s symptoms persist you should consult a doctor. Some of them can be used in conjunction with conventional medication and you should ask for our advice about this.
SuperNutesThis is our favorite multi-vitamin for children. Kids love the strawberry-kiwi flavor and parents love that it contains all the most important vitamin and mineral components needed for a growing child. We endorse this product and stock it at The YinOva Center because of the quality of its ingredients.
Natural D-Hist JrFor children with allergies this product offers seasonal support in a fun lemon and lime flavor. It contains the following ingredients.
- Quercetin which is a powerful natural flavonoid, quercetin has been shown to inhibit mast cell degranulation and its unfortunate consequences.
- Stinging Nettles which have been shown to block important enzymes within the arachidonic acid cascade as well as having proven their effectiveness in a single ingredient clinical trial.
- Bromelain which is strong pineapple enzyme, bromelain has proven mucolytic properties. As such, bromelain supports normal mucosal tissue function and enhances the absorption of quercetin.
- N-Acetyl L-Cysteine (NAC) which is an amino acid that is also a natural mucolytic, NAC reduces the viscosity of mucus. Clinical studies have proven oral doses of NAC to be an excellent means to recharge cellular glutathione, a foundational antioxidant.
FloraBoostA great probiotic especially formulated for kids with a taste that they enjoy. This should be taken to preserve digestive health if your child is taking antibiotics.
NatranixA natural children’s cough formula that tastes great. It contains
- Thyme and Elderberry which are used to soothe the throat from the inflammation often associated with coughing.
- Anise which helps to loosen and expel phlegm.
- Sage which has been used for centuries in Europe as a gargle to sooth sore throats.
OmegaStixKids love these fruit flavored chewy sticks that contain a great tasting source of essential fatty acids which are important for your child’s growth. Omega-3 Fatty Acids are proven beneficial for healthy brain development in children, as well as supporting healthy heart, joints, skin, immune system and eyes. OmegaStix contain EPA and DHA because researchers have learned that children supplemented with Omega-3 fatty acids (EPA & DHA) have numerous advantages in the following significant areas compared with those who did not take fish oils:
- Better Sleep Patterns
- Higher Cognitive Function
- Increased Concentration
- Improved Mood