Your Fertility Guide: The Stuck Type
The Stuck Type
The Stuck Type
A Chinese Medicine Perspective
The tightness of the Stuck type stems from poor energy & blood flow throughout the body, or what is referred to as qi & blood stagnation. Over time, it can lead to stagnation in the reproductive system, which can cause ovulation problems & inflexible fallopian tubes. Blood stagnation can cause painful or stop-&-start periods, & can lead to reproductive system obstructions such as endometriosis, fibroids, polyps, & cysts. This stagnation can also cause testicular pain and make it difficult to get an erection and to ejaculate.
Endometriosis is one of the leading causes of pelvic pain that we see at Yinova. It can seriously affect your ability to conceive and can also cause uncomfortable, heavy, or irregular periods. Sometimes there are no symptoms associated with endometriosis and it is only discovered when a patient is seeking treatment for infertility. We use a combination of acupuncture and Chinese herbs aimed at improving blood circulation, clearing inflammation, relieving pain, and treating the patient’s underlying condition associated with their endometriosis. Patients with this condition may also benefit from making specific dietary changes to reduce their symptoms.
Fibroids grow in response to excess estrogen in the system which means that you need to reduce your exposure to external sources of estrogen and support your liver whose job it is to process estrogen for you. In Chinese medicine, fibroids are related to blood stagnation and so promoting the circulation of blood in the pelvic area is recommended.
Studies have shown that acupuncture can help improve symptoms of uterine fibroids.
Uterine polyps, also known as endometrial polyps, are formed by the overgrowth of endometrial tissue. They can range in size from a few millimeters to a few centimeters or larger. Growths happen on the inner wall of the uterus and can cause menstrual and fertility issues.
Studies show that acupuncture as a treatment for uterine polyps is both safe and effective and gave positive results in treatment.
In Chinese medicine, uncomfortable symptoms before the period are related to Liver Qi Stagnation and by this, we mean that stress and fatigue cause qi and blood to circulate less well and our livers to function sluggishly resulting in hormonal transitions that are not smooth. At the Yinova Center, we use a combination of weekly acupuncture to move qi combined with a natural herbal formula to help balance hormones, gently and safely. Your herbs are always specially tailored to suit your particular symptoms so, for instance, if you suffer from breast tenderness we may add qing pi (Tangerine Peel) which can really help. Likewise, if abdominal bloating and gas is a problem we can add mu xiang (Costus Root) to help move qi in your abdomen.
Mittelschmerz, or ovulation pain, is one-sided pelvic pain that usually occurs during ovulation. It’s an indication that an egg has been released from an ovary, and can be helpful to note in terms of timing intercourse to conceive.
Studies have shown the efficacy of using acupuncture and Chinese herbs when treating painful gynecological conditions.
Here is some advice on steps you can take to improve your fertility and help optimize your chances of conceiving. Click through the list below to learn more about each of these steps and how they can help.
Take Your Health In Hand.Book Your Appointment Now>
The Stuck Type: Yinova's Herbal Blend
This herbal blend is designed to offset the effects of stress on reproductive hormones & address estrogen dominance in people suffering from PMS, painful periods, irregular cycles, fibrocystic breasts, fibroids, or endometriosis.
- Based on formulas we've used to treat 1000's of patients with measurable results, our 20+ years of experience in fertility enhancement is reflected in this herbal blend.
- This herbal blend has been carefully crafted using whole herbs to ensure the potency & consistency of their active ingredients.
- We source carefully from growers & manufacturers we trust to supply us with herbs that are pure, effective & free from contamination & pollutants.
- This formula regulates the balance between estrogen & progesterone, helps to offset the effects of stress on hormonal transitions & relieves inflammation.
- The Stuck Type
- If you feel like a pressure cooker because you internalize stress or suffer from PMS, you may be a stuck type.
- More Support
- We offer consultations, both virtually & in-clinic, where we can gather more information, provide specifically tailored herbs & a custom fertility plan.
Vitamins & Tools to Support YouShop the Stuck Type Collection>
Fertility Coaching & Support Groups
Together we can help you enhance your fertility, based on the Making Babies program designed by Jill Blakeway, where each week will have a specific theme geared towards troubleshooting common fertility issues. Our aim is to share information, help you understand your fertility situation & provide a community of like-minded people to lean on.
Making Babies: The Book
Jill Blakeway (& co-author Sami David, M.D., a reproductive endocrinologist) draw on the best of both Eastern & Western medicine. By identifying your “fertility type,” inspired by the classical patterns of Chinese Medicine, you can focus on helpful strategies for your particular situation & avoid the things that may be causing you problems.
- The Book
- A proven 3-month program designed to help people get the best of Eastern & Western medicine to enhance fertility & increase chances of conception.
- What's Inside
- Information about conventional medicine & explanations of how Chinese medicine can boost fertility, based on your fertility type.
- Learn More
- Explore our fertility resources page & our blog archive for fertility advice from Jill & the team & join us for events where we dive deeper.
- The Author
- Yinova Founder Dr. Blakeway is a fertility expert. She continues to see patients at Yinova where she also trains & advises our clinical team.
- Enhancing fertility is a Yinova specialty: our team are fertility experts who have been trained in delivering the Making Babies program.
- Also from Jill
- Jill has also written two other books, Energy Medicine & Sex Again, & was the host of the popular CBS podcast Grow, Cook, Heal.
Schedule your appointment online or email us
We are available for in-clinic & virtual appointments seven days a week, with appointment times available all day. We have locations in Manhattan & Brooklyn & also offer concierge visits. See All Locations.