Acupuncture Facial Renewal
Acupuncture Facial Renewal can address concerns including deep wrinkles, fine lines, dark circles, and puffiness without the possible side effects of more extreme treatments like Botox or surgery.
Wrinkles are created by a decrease in collagen and elastin and by the chronic overuse of certain muscles in the face along with the underuse of others. We tend to make the same facial expressions, like smiling or laughing, over and over and use the same muscles repeatedly in doing so. This leaves some muscles chronically in contracture while others remain loose, creating wrinkles in the skin. Acupuncture Facial Renewal relieves the tension in those tightened muscles and improves muscle tone in the others. The insertion of the needles into the dermis layer of the skin helps to boost circulation to the face and stimulates the skin to increase collagen and elastin production (which is responsible for creating a plump, youthful appearance.)
In order for the face to be properly nourished, all systems of the body should be functioning efficiently, including digestion and circulation. That’s why Acupuncture Facial Renewal treatments begin with a comprehensive consultation to address any concerns you may have, not only about the face but about the entire body. The treatment is completed with the application of a topical herbal cream, individualized for each patient’s specific needs.
Acupuncture Facial Renewal is usually done in a series of treatments. After the first treatment, one should expect to see an increase in skin tone and texture and an overall glow due to the improved circulation. After a series of treatments, you can notice a reduction in fine lines, puffiness and, most importantly, an improvement in overall health.
Things to expect from acupuncture facial renewal
- Reduction (and in some cases total disappearance!) in fine lines
- Smoothing/leveling/plumping of deeper lines
- Reduced puffiness around the eyes
- Definition of jaw line / improvement in the beginnings of jowls
- Improved skin tone / elasticity
- Fading of age spots, redness reduction, and general smoothing of skin coloration
- New glow/vibrancy — people often don’t know exactly what’s changed but will tell you that you look “healthy!”
- Possible reduction of acne / rosacea
- Possible improvement on the décolleté
- Also – better general health / improved constitutional outcomes – after all, you’re getting acupuncture twice a week!
Contact our Front Desk Team to make your appointment today!