As we head to Fall, I know I will need extra energy to tackle all that I have planned! Luckily, there’s a perfect yoga pose to get me going—Warrior 3.
This standing pose requires a lot of concentration: By focusing on balance, plus engaging my leg and core muscles, I wake up my brain and body, which gives me a quick shot of energy. (For an even bigger boost, I imagine a ray of light shooting out of the crown of my head, adding brightness to my life.) What’s more, this awesome pose can be done anytime, anywhere, whether you have a yoga mat handy or not. Use Warrior 3 to get a little lift every day.
- Stand with feet together and arms at your sides.
- Raise right foot, with toes pointed, while shifting weight onto left leg.
- Lift right leg straight up behind you while hinging at waist to lower chest until parallel to floor.
- Keep core braced, lower-ab muscles pulled in, and shoulders down and back.
- Flex your raised foot, keeping leg straight.
- Breathe in and out 5 times, focusing on a stationary spot to help with balance.
- Return to standing on both feet; repeat on other side.