The YinOva Cleanse, Week Three – Lungs, Kidney and Bladder
Our cleanse is in it’s third week and Jane and I are feeling pretty good. Many of you have emailed or spoken to me about your experiences and I think most of us agree that the first week was the hardest. Now our stomachs have shrunk and we are used to our restricted diet and we have the added incentive that we are seeing results. Many of us have lost weight and everyone tells me that they are feeling more vibrant and have more energy.
After the parasite cleanse of last week, some of you have asked how to tell if you have unwanted guests. Obviously large parasites are easy to spot, when it comes to smaller parasites you should check your stool for small white specks that look like rice grains.
So what’s in store for us in week three? We continue with some of the main cleansing formulas but now our focus shifts to a couple of major cleansing organs, the lungs and the kidneys. The kidneys receive waste products from the liver so it was important to cleanse the liver first so that we did not overtax the kidneys during this part of the cleanse.
From your kit you will need the following: –
- The Lung Rejuvenator ™
- The Kidney and Bladder Rejuvenator ™
- Digestive Stimulator™
- Liver and Gallbladder Rejuvenator™
- Friendly Bacteria Replenisher™
- Toxin Absorber™
- Toxin Neutralizer™
Our kidneys, though small, work incredibly hard. Every day the equivalent of 250 gallons of blood pass through our kidneys, which extract toxins and excess water. The kidneys contain tiny tubes called nephrons which over time can become mucusy and congested. Our aim this week is to help clean these tubes so that they kidneys can function better. Sluggish kidney function can make you feel lackluster and tired so you can expect to have more energy as your kidneys cleanse. In Chinese medicine the kidney is also associated with willpower and poor kidney function is linked to fear, lack of motivation and insecurity. Hopefully the work we do this week will help us to be bolder and more motivated.
Our lungs take in oxygen which is absorbed into the blood to support every process in the body. They also get rid of carbon dioxide which is a by-product of the body’s energy production. However, over time the pollution we breath makes the bronchial tubes in the lungs constrict and produce mucus. This impairs our lung function, causing us to take in less oxygen and thus making us tired and sluggish. In Chinese medicine poor lung function is associated with grief and sadness. So the work we do this week should help us to feel more positive and joyful.
Carry on eating the clean foods that you were eating last week. Here in the office we have christened it “temple food”
Avoid the following foods
- Dairy products
- Fried foods
- Processed sugars
- Processed foods
Instead eat predominantly organic fruits and veggies and whole foods and remember to drink plenty of water. If weight loss is a goal you should restrict but not eliminate carbohydrates. Otherwise choose organic whole grains such as brown rice or quinoa.
I have found soups to be invaluable. Nourishing, warming and nutrient packed. This week I enjoyed a butternut squash soup made with baked squash and vegetable stock with just a hint of basil.
Continue to follow our Yinova recommendations to support your cleanse
- Start each day with a cup of hot water with lemon in it.
- Eat three small meals and two snacks a day.
- Take some time each day to do deep breathing, meditation, gentle stretching or yoga
- Get at least 8 hours sleep each night
- In the shower brush your skin with a loofah, skin brush or Japanese skin cloth
- Drink one 8 oz glass of water or cup of herbal tea an hour. Explore a variety of herbal teas. Green tea is nice first thing in the morning and chamomile tea is relaxing before bed.
- Eat small portions and stop eating when you are satisfied.
- Eat slowly and chew your food thoroughly
- Have a weekly acupuncture treatment to encourage detoxification and to deal with any symptoms that may arise
- Once a week place a castor oil pack over your liver. Rub castor oil over your liver on your right side of your upper abdomen from the mid-line out under your ribcage. Place an old towel over the caster oil and put a hot pack over the area and leave it there for 30 – 40 minutes whilst you relax.
- Reiki can be helpful especially if you find that your cleansing process involves processing negative emotions.
- Try to walk for at least 30 minutes a day
Next week we will be focusing on the lymph, blood and skin, whilst continuing with the progress we have made supporting our intestines, liver, gall bladder, lungs and kidneys.
All herbs in our Yinova Cleanse are supplied by Blessed Herbs. We sell the kits at The Yinova Center or you can buy them directly from the manufacturer.
Please check with your doctor or health care provider to make sure that you are healthy enough to spend a month on a restricted diet. Do not take herbs, vitamins, recreational drugs or over the counter medication whilst you are cleansing. If you are taking prescribed medications please ask your prescribing physician for advice about combining them with this cleanse. The instruction book that accompanies your kit has information about the way in which the cleansing herbs can interact with certain prescribed medications.
Do NOT cleanse :-
- If you are pregnant (if you discover you are pregnant whilst cleansing, please discontinue with the cleanse)
- If you have an active, acute infection
- If you are weak or debilitated
- If you are about to undergo or are recovering from surgery
- If you are suffering from the following GI problems – diarrhea, vomiting, intestinal infection, bowel obstruction, inflammation of the GI tract, abnormal narrowing of the esophagus or intestines, difficulty swallowing.